Monday, January 31, 2011

The Last 17 Days: 17 Days Left (Friends)

17 is a huge number in my life. It's so much more than a lucky number or a quirky obsession, it's an adoration, a means of making important decisions, a bundle of powerful memories good and bad. Broken hearts, a friend's death, unforgettable vacations, some of the most enjoyable days of my life, significant details concerning my ancestry...all of these things are closely tied to the number. At this moment I have 17 days left to be 17. Now you may think this is unnecessary or just plain stupid, but I'm truly upset about letting this, the best year of my life, go. I want to be able to forever cherish who I was at this moment. This is my golden age, after all, and an amazing time it's been. I've come up with a way of helping it stay. For every day leading up to my birthday, I'm going to be listing the top influences in my life based on category. These are the things that have made me who I am at 17. This is mainly for my own purposes, but I thought there would be a few people out there who would care. Remember: these aren't necessarily my favorite or least favorite things and they aren't listed based on such qualifications. They are the ones that impacted me most, the ones accompanied by the most vivid memories, the ones that have shaped all that I am. Enjoy

Friends:
In order only of their appearance in my life, these are the 17 people that I always smile biggest about when they come to mind. They are the ones with whom I created the memories I treasure most. These are the ones I'd be the most different without.

  • Kelsie
  • ***Jesse
  • Josh
  • Alex
  • Darrell
  • Morgan
  • Wyatt
  • Jessica
  • John McKay
  • ***Trevor
  • Jasilyn
  • Ben
  • Erin
  • Allen
  • Alexis
  • Kate
  • Hannah

1 comment:

  1. :D :D :D :D :D !!
    thanks kyle,you are soo great! i know 18 isn't the same but it's a good age to be too! ya know coming from a girl that loves the number 17 and stuff. just sayin, it will be a great year too!

    ReplyDelete