Monday, September 5, 2011

Music Challenge #1

Just how immersed in the world of music am I? Lately I've been wanting to test this somehow and I think I've finally come up with a decent method. I'm going to listen as many artists as I can...no hints, no time limit no preparation, right here, right now. This includes bands, solo musicians, and musical projects (i.e. Owl City). Let's see how many I can get. It's 10:04...ready, set, go!

...
...
...

Alright guys, it is 10:48 and my mind is fried...turns out the greatest challenge here isn't searching for new artists, it's remembering their names! I quickly realized that the list was far too long to stick here so I'll just give you a summary.

I came up with a list of 326 artists starting with The Dangerous Summer and ending with Coheed and Cambria. I was astounded when I suddenly couldn't recall the names of some of my favorites like A Fine Frenzy, Great Northern, The Morning Of, and Moving Mountains...then again, I got some unexpected ones as well (Elvis Costello, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Kellie Pickler). My thought process was extra nifty. I watched as my list of country artists shifted into rap artists when Taylor Swift led to Kanye West. Sometimes I would even think in rhymes like from All Time Low to OK Go. Anyway...I think I'll hone my skills with this silly test and try again eventually. In the meantime, why don't you challenge yourself?

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed! That's awesome that you listened to so many different varieties. I'll have to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete