Saturday, May 22, 2010

Another Path

Here is my version of Robert Frost's "The Road Not Taken".

Another Path

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then saw the other, as just as fair,
Which had perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

A great problem in my mind did arise
For the first went left and the other right
But I wanted straight with no reprise
And no forward path welcomed my eyes.
I pondered, then cursed at the plight.

Both trails seemed used quite oft,
Any wonders there were already seen
And while the soil seemed pleasingly soft,
A prevailing thought, my mind held aloft.
My desire was the lost treasure between

And so I left the easy ground
And into the thick, wild wood I fled
With a hope to discover something profound
In a place where risks and rewards abound.
A third path will be paved where I tread

No comments:

Post a Comment