Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Leaf

This here's my personification poem: choose an object, bring it to life. This is one probably my favorite of this round of poems.

A Leaf

I am born in the springtime breeze
When the winter is finally done.
I advertise the coming season
Of bright days and endless fun
The tree is my mother
And my father is the sun.
They have made me so beautiful,
But of thousands, I’m just one.

My green siblings stay by my side;
Together, we sing a blissful tune.
We call to those who pass us by
Throughout the sunny afternoon,
But when our brilliant father leaves the sky
And leaves his promise in the moon
Mother cradles our trembling bodies
And whispers: he’ll come back soon.

I hang on to my mother’s fingers,
But I am only so strong.
We all know that one day snow
Will end our summer song.
I’ll be torn from my big family,
Having done nothing wrong.
And when I finally hit the ground,
I’ll forget where I belong.

With the help of the chilly wind,
I’ll leap from place to place.
I’ll paint a solemn shade of brown
Upon my poor wrinkling face.
The chill will cause me to shiver,
Not caring for my timeless grace.
In the end, I know I’ll pass away
And fall into the soil’s embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment