Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Last 17 Days: 11 Days Left (Music Videos)

So I've decided that this blog post series is the most meaningful thing I have ever done for myself. I've never thought so deeply about my past, my identity, and the things that have shaped me. It's really cool to deeply ponder and then define the things that mean the most to me, the things I cling to with the strongest grip, the things I occasionally overlook. I'll be able to look back on this forever...that's amazing. See what sort of things a silly number can do for you?

Music videos don't get as much attention as they deserve. Nowadays, Youtube and the electronics section of supermarkets are about the only places you'll ever see them. Occasionally, they can be really artistic or really touching. They pull off things you'd never seen in a movie and can tell stories in a way a book couldn't manage. These are the videos that intrigue me the most, the ones that tell the best stories, the ones that can take a song and make it something so much more, especially to me personally.

Return to Innocence - Enigma



Dusting Down The Stars - Mobile



Typical - Mute Math

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XVWR-5fiG0

Remind Me - Royksopp



Gimme Sympathy - Metric



Sick Muse - Metric



Where I Want To Be - The Dangerous Summer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_K1lywPZms

I Woke Up Near The Sea - Lydia (*language warning*)



***Kings and Queens - 30 Seconds to Mars



1234 - Feist



Lyric - Zwan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwmUMySSNQc

Coming Home - The 88



Take Everything - Greg Laswell



Like You Do - Angel Taylor



40 Dogs (Like Romeo and Juliet) - Bob Schneider



***Thought of You - Ryan Woodward



Rise - Flobots

No comments:

Post a Comment