Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Last 17 Days: 8 Days Left (Video Games)

I passed the 1,000 pageviews mark with my last post! Thanks a ton to all of you who are keeping up. I've had this blog for about a year and a half and the past 300 pageviews all came in a few days...that means a lot to me. Thanks again.

For this post's little intro spiel, I think I'll tell you a little bit about me and the numbers 217 and 17 just to show you that the connection isn't imaginary. It all starts with my grandma and grandpa Kossin...
  • When my grandpa was first getting to know my grandma, her house address was 217.
  • My grandpa's locker number in the military was 217.
  • When my grandparents got married, their first apartment was number 217.
  • Their first grandchild (me) was born on 2/17.

That's pretty insane right there...now it's my turn:

  • I moved into my current house on the 17th of September, 2005
  • I moved my bedroom into the basement on the 17th of October, 2009
  • I taught my first viola lesson on the 17th of November, 2009
  • My good friend John McKay Kunz passed away on the 17th of December, 2009
  • The numbers of my Student ID add up to 17
  • The numbers of my student PIN Number add up to 17
  • The numbers of my BHS parking permit add up to 17
  • The time right this second is 8:54...no joke. Those add up to 17
  • My grade in 2nd period right now is 92.17%
  • First chair violist? Count 'em up...there's 17 letters.
  • I live in North Salt Lake, Utah...17 letters again.
  • My license plate? It just so happens to contain 17 backwards.

Alright, so you can see that I'm obsessed, but now you know it's for a reason. My close friends can back me up on this one.

Video games today? Oh man...we're getting serious. I play video games more than I should, but I think my success in school and with the viola make a good excuse for how much time I offer to gaming. Video games top movies and novels any day in my book. You get to be the hero. You get to construct the details concerning how the story develops, or, in the best of games, construct your own story. That's pretty nifty. These games here are the ones that had me addicted, the ones that charmed with their artistry, clever plots, and entertainment value, the ones I wish more people would dare to care about.
  • Diablo 2
  • Warlords Battlecry 2
  • Dungeon Siege
  • Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
  • Unreal Tournament 2004
  • ***World of Warcraft
  • Half-Life 2 series
  • Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series
  • Rainbow Six Vegas 2
  • Prince of Persia (2008)
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • Dead Space
  • ***Rock Band 3
  • Mass Effect series
  • Alan Wake

No comments:

Post a Comment