Monday, February 14, 2011

The Last 17 Days: 3 Days Left (Achievements)

As much as I've enjoyed thinking back to all of the big moments and best memories in my life, it has been quite frustrating realizing how much I've forgotten. There are huge gaps (5th grade, 8th grade) that I can't remember anything about. Is it because those years didn't do much to change me? Or have I forgotten about some of the things that ought to be here? That's a scary thought...and it's taught me some important things: pay attention to your life, take notes, care for what's going on around you and make of the most of what you're involved in. You don't want these years to be forgotten. I know I'll be doing some more of that sort of thing from here on out.

Today's list was the hardest to come up with by far. Sure, I've done some cool things if my life, but to put a name to them is hard. Which are really worth mentioning? Which ones am I'm most grateful for? That's what I pondered as I came up with these 17 accomplishments that form what I like to call "my life resume". Some required tons of effort, but others found their way to me. These are the awards that show that my efforts have paid off, the positions that make up my reputation, the reasons I push for greatness. In order of occurrence:
  • 1st Place Chess Club Trophy (4th grade)
  • 65 curl-ups in one minute and 21 pull ups at once (9th grade)
  • Co-captain of Millcreek JH NAL Team - 3rd place in the nation (9th grade)
  • Science Department Student of the Year (9th grade)
  • 2 x Completing the Book of Mormon in one month (10th and 11th grade)
  • 34 on the ACT (11th grade)
  • 1st chair violist in Davis Youth Symphony (12th grade)
  • 1st place in Literature for Reflections at BHS (12th grade)
  • Obtaining my patriarchal blessing (12th grade)
  • National Merit Scholarship Finalist (12th grade)
  • End of year AP and IB testing scores
  • Rank 1 of my class at BHS
  • ***1st chair violist all seven years in school
  • My XBOX 360 gamer score
  • my Rock Band/Guitar Hero skills
  • ***my music collection
  • this blog series

No comments:

Post a Comment