Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Last 17 Days: 2 Days Left (Moments)

We're getting down to the wire now... I keeping saying to myself "the day after tomorrow" That's how close it is: the day after tomorrow. Crazy! I'm saving all of the closing thoughts and wrap-up stuff until tomorrow, which also has the most killer list of them all, so I'll get straight to today's topic.

Moments: sometimes they're hard to remember in detail. I guess that's why this list is full of a lot of the more recent stuff that's happened in my life. Now, I'm using the term 'moment' pretty loosely here. Some of the things listed are actually entire days, but others actually are a single moment. I actually have 3 of them on video, 7 in pictures, and I was right next to one or more of the people included in my 'friends' post for 9 of them...that's awesome. Remember: these aren't necessarily my favorite moments, they're the ones that have played the biggest role in my life. In fact, the some of them, including the two I actually won't reveal, are extremely sad. Nevertheless, I am who I am largely because of these incredibly small portions of my life. They are the ones most longed for, most filled with passion, most pondered, and/or most clear in my mind. Here they are, the moments:
  • 8/01 - First day of the spectrum program at Valley View Elementary
  • 10/04 - Visiting Neuschwanstein Castle
  • 10/04 - Visiting Salzburg, Austria
  • 3/08 - Scoring a point for answering "Iceland" in a national NAL game vs. a school from Colorado
  • 6/08 - Looking down from the top of Mt. Pilatus in Switzerland
  • 6/08 - Spend a night in a village in the Swiss Alps
  • 9/09 - (Secret)
  • 12/17/09 - John McKay Kunz's passing
  • 2/17/09 - 17th birthday
  • 2/20/10 - birthday party (Kyathlon)
  • 3/17/10 - (Secret)
  • 4/5/10 - listening to Chris Wolstenholme play the bass line of Hysteria live
  • 5/30/10 - hired to play in a quartet with friends for a wedding ceremony
  • 8/20/10 - Encore of the Lydia concert
  • 9/15/10 - Meeting AJ Perdomo and the rest of The Dangerous Summer
  • 1/23/11 - receiving my patriarchal blessing
  • 1/29/11 -last day of my final orchestra trip (in Disneyland)

No comments:

Post a Comment