Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Last 17 Days: 4 Days Left (Objects/Symbols)

Today was fast sunday for our stake. I got to sacrament and the first hymn we sang was hymn # 17. That inspired me to get up in front of the congregation and give a testimony based on the number 17 and the experience I've had here with all of this analysis. I got a few laughs out of it, but also tied it to the gospel in an effective way. Further proof that 17 is not just a silly number in my life...it really changes my life daily. Sometimes it makes me wonder: is it really all coincidence? I don't think so.

Today's topic is items/symbols. Some of these are things I like for their actual presence, physical or not, in my life, but others are more because of the symbolic concepts behind them, the things that would catch my attention in a poem or song. As I look down this list, I realize that this might just be the most important group of all. These things are absolutely necessary in the pursuit of my dreams, important in my daily life, and crucial in my way of thinking. For the first time, I'm not going to put a specific order to this list. Here they are:
  • Jacket
  • Pencil
  • ***Viola
  • Bass guitar
  • Hands
  • Lyrics Journal
  • Hourglass
  • CD
  • Drumsticks
  • Headphones/speakers
  • ***The number 17
  • Amethyst
  • Sun
  • XBOX 360 controller
  • Music note
  • Guitar pic
  • Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment